Friday, September 23, 2011

Product Review: Whey Tech Pro 24 Protein

First I would like to start off saying that in no way has Whey Tech paid me or even provided me with their product for review. I purchased this product on my own with the intention of personal use. Now onward.

Whey Tech Pro 24 is a Whey Protein Powder with added Amino Acids & Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA). There are three major areas in which this product has been evaluated, them being cost, taste, & effectiveness.

1.) Cost: Whey Tech Pro 24 is very cost effective. I was able to pick up a 5.15lb jar for around $40 w/ tax. That 5lb tub has provided 78 servings for me. On average for the serious weight lifter that is 39 days of protein shakes. Equating to $1/day you get 48grams of protein and not to mention the BCAA's.

2.) Taste: The product comes in 4 flavors, Chocolate, Chocolate Mind, Banana, and Vanilla. I opted for the Chocolate Mint because I felt like Banana would not be mixable with other powders I already had (Strawberry & Vanilla). The Chocolate Mint proved to be very tasty, almost Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream-like. If anyone has experience with the other flavors please let me know what you thought.

3.) Effectiveness: This is probably my favortie protein powder to date. It contains the same amount per serving (24 grams) as other brands but it also contains a nice amount of BCAA's. The BCAA's are the icing on the cake since your body cannot synthesize them on its own. For anyone that doesn't know, BCAA's make up 1/3rd of skeletal muscle and their formal names are Leucine, Isoleucine, & Valine. Leucine alone post-workout helps to raise Insulin levels 221% when taken w/ Carbs post-workout. This is necessary for both muscle restoration and for you to use up those god-awful carbs that seem to haunt you.

0 comments: